Workout is crucial to strengthen the immune function especially after the global pandemic it has become more essential to take control of your health and fitness. Build a daily exercise routine in your schedule.
Have a dedicated space, so you can leave the set up and is always prepared for your daily workouts. You can build a backyard gym, if you have the space.
Here are some inspirational backyard gym ideas
- Outdoor Pull-Up Bar: A pull-up bar is a great addition to any backyard gym. You can either buy a freestanding one or install a wall-mounted one that can be easily detached. Pull-ups are great for strengthening the upper body, back, and core muscles.
- Dumbbell and Kettlebell Set: A set of dumbbells and kettlebells is a versatile and cost-effective addition to any backyard gym. They are perfect for strength training exercises such as squats, lunges, and overhead presses. Create a designated space for kettlebell workouts, complete with a variety of weights and storage racks.
- Resistance Bands: Resistance bands are another versatile and affordable addition to your backyard gym. They come in a range of resistance levels and could be used for a number of exercises including rows, curls, and squats.
- Jump Rope: A jump rope is a simple yet effective tool for a cardio workout. It’s easy to store and can be used to increase heart rate and burn calories.
- Plyometric Boxes: Plyometric boxes could be used for a number of exercises such as box jumps, step-ups, and burpees. They are also great for adding a little variety to your everyday workout. Clear an area in your backyard for jumping rope and plyometric exercises to improve your cardiovascular health and agility.
- Outdoor Obstacle Course: Set up an outdoor obstacle course in your backyard with items like tires, ropes, and balance beams to create a fun and challenging workout.
- Yoga Deck: Build a raised wooden platform for outdoor yoga practice, complete with a retractable canopy for shade and privacy.
- TRX Suspension Training: Install a TRX suspension training system on a sturdy overhead beam or tree branch for a full-body workout.
- Mini Basketball Court: Install a small basketball hoop in your backyard for a fun and challenging cardio
- Backyard Pool: Swim laps or incorporate water aerobics into your fitness routine with a backyard pool.
- Running Track: Create a designated running track in your backyard with marked distances and soft, impact-absorbing surfaces.
- Outdoor Fitness Class: Host outdoor fitness classes in your backyard for friends, family, or community members to get fit and socialize together.
- Climbing Wall: Install a climbing wall on the side of your house or in your backyard for a unique and challenging full-body workout.
- Meditation Garden: Create a serene meditation Zen garden with a water feature, comfortable seating, and lush greenery for relaxing and de-stressing after workouts.
While there is an initial investment to build a home or backyard gym, it can be more cost-effective in the long run compared to paying for a gym membership. Additionally, individuals can save money on gas, transportation, and other expenses associated with going to a gym.