Dubai is home to numerous amazing activities, but one that stands out is the desert safari. The desert safari is a thrilling adventure that takes you into the heart of the desert. During a desert safari, you will witness amazing scenery, experience the ancient culture of the city, explore numerous wildlife and more importantly engage in the fun of your life with sports like quad biking, camel riding, sand boarding and many more. If you plan to visit dubai, don’t hesitate to book a desert safari dubai luxury trip.
However, before going on this memorable adventure to the desert, it is necessary to wear the appropriate outfit to ensure comfort and enhance your overall experience. In this article, we will discuss what to wear in Dubai desert safari.
- Light and comfortable clothing: When coming to a place like Dubai, it is expected for the temperature to get extremely high sometimes. Therefore, carry enough light clothes that won’t get you all sweaty during your trip.
- Carry a hoodie along: The temperature during the day could get extremely high reaching up to 30 degrees. However, it could fall quickly during the evening, making the environment extremely cold. If your safari trip is in the morning or late evening, then you need a hoodie.
- Wear zipper pocket clothes: If you are carrying any important belongings with you on your trip, then wear clothes with zippers to secure your belongings. Many tourists have reported their items missing in the desert and it is usually quite difficult to find any missing items. You can prevent such loss by coming prepared with a zipper pocket cloth.
- Long trousers are the best: Since the desert safari would involve strolling through the sand most of the time, it is more convenient if you wear long trousers. Shorts may be a good idea but they won’t do well in keeping the sand away from your body, hence long trousers are the best option.
- Sneakers or light boots: The sand on the desert will stress your feet more than usual, therefore, sandals and flip flops won’t give you the best experience on a desert safari. What you need is a pair of sneakers or any light boot that fits.
- Apply sunscreen: The temperature in Dubai gets really high during the day so it’s best to apply some sunscreen before embarking on your safari trip. This will save you from getting sunburns and damaging your skin cells.
- Sunglasses: Wearing a pair of sunglasses is not compulsory, however, you will enjoy your experience a lot better if you do.
- Hats/Scarf: Using a scarf to cover your mouth during the windy period will prevent sand from entering your mouth. Additionally, a hat will save your head and neck region from the heat of the sun.
What not to wear on a desert Safari
While knowing what to wear on your next safari trip is important, it is also necessary for you to be aware of the things you should avoid wearing whenever you go for a desert safari dubai luxury trip.
- Shorts and T- shirts: Shorts and t-shirts will not protect you from the heat of the sun, it is best to wear loose fitting clothes especially long sleeved shirts with zipper pockets for your belongings.
- Jewelry and expensive accessories: It is best to leave any expensive jewelry at home to avoid losing them in the desert. If you must bring along something precious, then make sure to keep a close eye on it.
- Dark clothing: Dark color absorbs heat from the sun and makes you feel very uncomfortable. It is best to wear something loose, long and light.
- Short skirts or dress: Wearing a skirt or short dress to a desert safari is a very bad idea as it will give you little or no protection from the sun, therefore leading to extreme sun burns in areas that are exposed. You will also get sand sticking to your skin. Moreover, the desert safari is filled with local communities with conservative cultures, comprising people who cover their bodies with long clothing from head to toe, so wearing short skimpy dresses will be seen as a form of disrespect to them.
The desert safari from Dubai offers an amazing experience to anyone who embarks on it, there are several activities to enjoy. However, if you want to enhance your experience, make sure to go prepared with the right clothing and avoid unnecessary luggage.