Flies are unhygienic, unattractive, and irritating buzzing guests that invade your home and business areas. If you find lots of flies around your property then you may be dealing with fly infestation which needs to be kept away from entering your premises.
Flies spread germs as they thrive in garbage bins and feed on faeces so they cause diseases like typhoid, cholera, dysentery, and tuberculosis. You would not want them anywhere you or your food space, which is why you need to look for measures to keep these irritating buzzing pests away from your home.
How to stop flies from entering your home?
Having houseflies all around your home can be irritating and unhygienic and one effective way by which you can keep them away from entering your home is by getting a fly screen. Premier Screens are one of the best UK-based companies that supply high-quality, custom-built fly screens and insect screens that are suitable for homes and businesses. They are the leading fly screen manufacturers and so can supply rightly measured screens that will fit any door or window. They hold the largest stock ranges in the UK which enables them to provide customers with super-fast deliveries, including customised pieces.
Signs indicating the fly infestation
Hearing a few buzzing sounds of flies does not mean you have an infestation, but it can be a signal to take some kind of preventive action. Let’s see the common signs that indicate fly infestation:
- Patches with a little black cluster in bright areas that looks a pinhead size.
- Regularly seeing flies around your food, home, or trash.
- Look for flies in groups in places like gutters, mulch piles, light fixtures, and trash cans.
- Maggots are fly larvae that may be an indication of a prospective breeding spot on your land.
If you’ve noticed any of these symptoms, you might decide to place some homemade fly control measures like putting up a fly screen on doors and windows. Although it will not be effective in eliminating the breeding site it will certainly reduce the number of adult flies.
Controlling fly infestation
The best way to control fly infestation is to find the cause of the problem. The frequent contamination is due to maggots which are fly larvae.
Larvae are small, pale worm-like creatures that survive in damp and moist places near some kind of food source. They are mostly found in places like damaged and leaky drain pipes or compost piles. Once you’ve located the larvae, you can destroy them by pouring half cup of bleach and a pot of boiling water.
- Check the sanitation of your home area.
- Clean up any location that may have excess water or food residue, including leaky pipes or spills under the refrigerator.
- Dispose of garbage right away so that nothing inside it can decompose.
- Seal areas like screen doors, crevices, and windows.
- Citronella or lavender candles can also keep the flies away.
Although you can keep a continuous check on the preventive measures to keep away the flies, the best way is certainly putting up a fly screen on doors and windows. It helps in preventing the flies from entering your home giving you peace of mind.