The procedure known as rhinoplasty can drastically change your nose’s appearance. Most people don’t realize how much of an impact this can have on a patient’s mental, emotional, and even physical well-being. The benefits of correcting a nose job, when performed by a facial plastic surgeon like Dr. Philip Miller in New York, goes far beyond just a smoother tip or a reduced hump. Think about the many ways rhinoplasty can positively impact your life if you’re considering the procedure.
In case you are searching for revision rhinoplasty, please explore this website. Jason Champagne, M.D is an Award-winning celebrity facial plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills, CA.
Rhinoplasty’s physical benefits
Various reasons contribute to the popularity of rhinoplasty as a plastic surgery procedure today. Rhinoplasty is an option for men and women who are concerned about one or more of the following:
- Nose Reduction: A large nose can overpower one or more of your facial features, while a small nose can make the rest of your features appear overshadowed. An aesthetically pleasing appearance is achieved with the help of size correction, which brings all features into harmony.
- Alar Tip: These issues can detract from the beauty of a face whether the tip is bulbous, drooping, or pinched. If Dr. Miller is performing rhinoplasty for a single concern or if they are being performed together with other revisions, tip refinement is one of the most common reasons. It is possible to resize, rotate, and reshape tips to create the perfect result.
- Nasal Dorsal Humps: It can affect your profile and your self-confidence if you have a bump on your dorsal bridge. The bumps on the dorsal side of the nose can give the nose an appearance of being bigger than it actually is. Dorsal hump trimming can dramatically improve the appearance of the nose.
- Wide Nostrils: A person’s nose can look different depending on the size and shape of their nostrils. The bridge of the nose and its base can also be adjusted by rhinoplasty to make them more proportionate. Alarplasty, a procedure that focuses purely on the nostrils, may be all that is needed in some cases.
- Pollybeak Deformity: A pollybeak deformity is a type of deformity that causes the tip of the nose to droop downward. A large supratip at the bridge of the nose creates an appearance similar to that of a bird’s beak, hence the name pollybeak deformity. A well-performed nasal surgery can fix this problem, however, with the expertise of an expert rhinoplasty surgeon.
- The saddle nose deformity is characterized most notably by a lack of height or depth at the nasal dorsal. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure in which an expert surgeon such as Dr. Philip Miller reshapes the nose and reduces the amount of depression in the nose.
- Columella hanging: A hanging columella is characterized by the skin hanging below the nose between the two nostrils. The degree to which the columella sags below the nostrils varies, but an expert facial plastic surgeon can correct this through a rhinoplasty.
- Asymmetrical Nose: Minor imperfections such as a crooked nose or uneven nostrils can significantly affect the overall appearance of the nose. The nasal function may also be affected by these asymmetries. Boosting your confidence and making it easier to breathe can be achieved with a single procedure that addresses both form and function.
Rhinoplasty’s health benefits
Life is getting more and more difficult for many people, and that’s no longer just an expression. You can probably find many products at your local pharmacy that can help you breathe better, from nose strips to humidifiers to saline nasal sprays. We all want to improve the flow of oxygen into our bodies. Rhinoplasty can accomplish this goal for many patients just by making changes to the airways. Surgical procedures such as correcting a deviated septum and widening the nostrils can provide you with easier breathing.