Divya Bharti was an Indian actress. She was born on 25 February 1974 in Mumbai, India. She is the daughter of Om Prakash Bharti and Meeta Bharti. Her father was an insurance officer. Bharti was known for her bubbly personality.She was educated at Maneckji Cooper High School (Juhu, Mumbai). Bharti started her career as an actress from her early age when she was 14 years old. She made her debut with a lead role in the successful Telugu drama Bobbili Raja (1990), aged 16. She proposed to Bollywood film in 1992 with the action thriller Vishwatma. In the films Shola Aur Shabnam and Deewana, she had commercial success. She acted in over 14 Hindi films between 1992 and 1993. You may also like to read Ayesha Jhulka and Aradhana Gupta Biography.
Raj Kanwar’s love story Deewana came, the biggest hit of 1992, where she held her own against veteran Rishi Kapoor and the new sensation Shahrukh Khan. Her performance in the Deewana was highly appreciated.
On May 10, 1992. Divya got married to Sajid. They got married secretly. She acted in Bobbili Raja, Nila Penne, Rowdy Alludu, Assembly Rowdy, Vishwatma, Jaan Se Pyaara, Balwaan, Dushman Zamana, Dil Ashana Hai, Geet, Rang etc. On 5 April 1993, around 11 PM, Bharti fell off the balcony of her fifth-floor apartment at the Tulsi buildings in Versova, Mumbai. Her neighbors discovered her and took her to the hospital. But doctor failed to revive her. The reason of falling was never established and several theories circulated in the media during that time.
Divya Bharti Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Wiki & Facts
|Born Name||Divya Bharti|
|Age (as in 2016)||42 Years|
|Date of birth||25 February, 1974|
|Place of birth||Bombay, India|
|Height & Weight|
|Height in Feet/Inches||5 Feet 4 Inches|
|Height in Centimeters||162 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.62 m|
|Weight in Kilograms||52 Kg|
|Weight in Pounds||114 lbs|
|Body Measurements & Physical Stats|
|Body Measurements||36-xx-xx Inches|
|Husband, Boyfriends & Affairs|
|Salary & Net Worth|
|Debut Film/TV, Hit/Flop & More|
|Favourite, Hobbies, Likes & Dislikes|
|Favourite Actor||Not Known|
|Favourite Actress||Not Known|
|Favourite Singer||Not Known|
|Favourite Director||Not Known|
|Favourite Film||Not Known|
|Favourite Food||Not Known|
|Favourite Color||Not Known|
|Favourite Place||Not Known|
|Favourite Perfume||Not Known|
|Favourite Animal||Not Known|
|Contact Address & Phone Number|
|Phone/Mobile Number||Not Known|
|Social Media Profile|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Divya Bharti
- She was one of the popular film actresses in India.
- Her birth name was Divya Om Prakash Bharti. She acted in many successful Telugu and Hindi films in the early 1990s.
- She got offers to act when she was only 14 years old. Divya made her debut with a role in a Drama named Bobbili Raja when she was 16 years old. It was a successful drama of 1990.
- Bharti started to appear in Bollywood films from 1992 after appearing in many Telugu films.
- She appeared in film Deewana with Shahrukh Khan and it was the debut film of Shah Rukh Khan.
- She also appeared in the film Shola Aur Shabnam. These two films got a huge popularity and she was selected for the Lux new face of the year for her performances.
- She appeared in more than 14 Hindi films but her unfortunate death stopped her.
- Bharti died on April 5, 1993, she was only 19 years old when she died.
- She was injured after falling off the balcony of her apartment which was on the fifth floor.
- She sustained from that injury and then died. The main reason of her falling from the balcony was not confirmed.
- No one know was that a murder, suicide of accident. The investigation was closed by the Mumbai police by labeling it as an accident.